Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 2 in Cairo

Hello everyone!
Day 2 in Cairo, so far so good. I met some really cool people last night and ended up at the Citadell of Salaadin for a FREE "fete du musique." It featured an act from Algeria and a group from northern Egypt who performed typical wedding music. Very cool, with belly dancers and lots of different instruments. And in the background was this enormous mosque...I cannot remember the name! It was such a random thing to do, but so worth it.
So, I've taken Arabic for a year, but I tell you what; it didn't help me at all. I cannot understand a WORD of Arabic. Okay, that's not true...but still.
Things I've learned so far: 1. always carry small bills, people don't like to make change. 2. Never look a taxi driver in the eyes, and you determine the price BEFORE you get in the cab.
Well, that's all I have for now. Hopefully my bag will show up because I want a variety of clothes to wear rather than the few t-shirts I have in my other bag.
Talk to you all soon!
Angie

No comments: